Want to be an Art Starter in your community?
Art Starts creates vibrant communities through community-based arts programming and projects, mentorship, and professional development for emerging/newcomer artists.
We are seeking paid Bingo Volunteers responsible for representing Art Starts in a customer service role during 2-hour bingo sessions between one and four times each month at Delta Bingo St. Clair. Start date is September 15, 2022.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Provide excellent customer services to patrons of Delta Bingo St. Clair in Toronto
• Ability to stand or walk for 2 hours
• Follow policies and procedures including following uniform guidelines, timely attendance for each shift, log book sign-in and out
• Greeting customers at the door and assisting Bingo staff with entrance logistics
• Clear and wipe down tables and surfaces at the gaming centre
• Tidy up areas where patrons sit including clearing paper from slot machines
• Other duties as assigned
Online training to be provided, date TBD
• Anticipated start date, September 15, 2022
• Some evenings or weekends may be required
• As per City of Toronto regulations, all volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination at the door upon entering.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a letter of interest and/or resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Bingo Volunteer Application”. We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted virtually. No phone calls please.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
To be notified of more job opportunities and company updates, please sign up for our newsletter.