We are currently looking for a Program Coordinator to join Art Starts. The ideal candidate will have experience as an arts administrator, be self-directed and work well in a team environment.
The Program Coordinator is a member of the Art Starts team who will be responsible for coordinating specific projects within the organization and will report directly to the Program Director. The Program Coordinator promotes Art Starts’ organizational culture, works in cooperation with individuals and organizations and supports our artists and program participants to inspire positive results. The Program Coordinator is responsible for all tasks and duties related to the successful implementation of the various programs offered using their strong administrative skills to ensure that the needs of both the Program Facilitators and the Program Director are met. They will act as a bridge between the front-line workers and the management team.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Provides outreach support to all programs
- Oversees the distribution of all program flyers
- Overseas program documentation (photos, Facebook, Instagram)
- Responds to participant inquiries
- Assists Program Facilitators when needed
- Coordinate Art Starts’ communications initiatives for programs, projects and events
- Work with Executive Director to ensure cohesive communications and branding of Art Starts
- Complies data from Program Facilitator’s reports and prepares quarterly program statistics reports
- Administers program surveys, tallies and reports on data
- Manages supplies and upkeep of the Yorkdale Community Arts Centre studio
- Coordinates the ordering and distribution of supplies to Program Facilitators
- Maintains Artist Roster and supports protocol for hiring new artists
- Collects and files all information upon completion of the program
Communication & Facilitation
- Communicate effectively with participants, community residents and other stakeholders to determine program direction, needs and interests
- Communicate Art Starts mandate to program participants
- Suggest project changes and interventions to achieve project goals
- Respond to all stakeholders in a timely, clear and respectful manner
- Attend monthly meetings with Program Facilitators and the Program Director to report on programs activities
- Advise and give support to staff when resolving issues
Reporting, Administration & Documentation
- Submit program reports following final program date
- Ensure each project is documented through photos, video and/or participant testimonials
- Ensure all appropriate releases are signed (photo/video, field trips, etc.)
- Oversee evaluation process with support from Art Starts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University degree or college diploma in a related field is an asset
- 2+years’ experience in an administrative role or program coordination in a social service, non-profit or community arts environment is an asset
- Current VSS (Police) check required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Team player with ability to work independently and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
- Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills and project management
- Familiarity with community-engaged arts sector in Toronto and understanding of art-making in a community context
- Strong understanding of the issues affecting underserved Toronto neighbourhoods
- Candidate must be available to do occasional evening and weekend work
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter (in one document) with Program Coordinator listed in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted virtually.
No phone calls please. Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email email@example.com with your request.