Perform various administrative support tasks and update and maintain the records management function in accordance with Art Starts’ policies and procedures.
This position is partially funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria established by the funder:
• be between the ages of 15-30 years at the start of employment
• must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
• have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Due to COVID-19, Art Starts currently adheres to a work from home policy. More information to be provided during the interview stage.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Provide assistance to the Operations Director for the administration in managing and maintaining records
• Compile, gather and organize reports, documents and records
• Coordinate with other departments in maintaining and managing records, reports and documents
• Maintain and update records, reports and documents in a database
• Ensure compliance of organization’s procedures and guidelines
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• High School Diploma or post-secondary education in a field related to Business Administration or a similar discipline
• Other relevant business/computer courses or experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENT
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Proven competency with record search, retrieval, filing
• Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and discretion, to follow instructions accurately
• Good organization and time-management skills
• Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational skills and detail orientation
• Strong interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter (in one document) with Records Clerk listed in the subject line to email@example.com. The recruitment and interview process during the COVID 19 pandemic will be conducted virtually. We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.