Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
POSITION SUMMARY – PROGRAM COORDINATOR
We are currently looking for a Program Coordinator to join Art Starts. The ideal candidate will have experience as an arts administrator, be self-directed and work well in a team environment.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all tasks and dues related to the successful implementation of their assigned programs. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Community Program Manager and works in cooperation with individuals and organizations and supports our artists and program participants to inspire positive results.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Responsible for on-site delivery of assigned programs
- Coordinates procurement & distribution of program materials and supplies
- Administers program surveys, tallies and reports on data
- Complies data from reports and prepares quarterly program statistics reports with support from the Community Program Manager
- Reviews and verifies all information upon completion of the program
- Communicate effectively with participants, community residents and other stakeholders to determine program direcon, needs and interests
- Communicate Art Starts mandate to program participants
- Suggest project changes and interventions to achieve project goals
- Send monthly Programming meetings to report on program activities
- Coordinate Art Starts’ communications initiatives for programs, projects and events
- Respond to all stakeholders in a timely, clear and respectful manner
Reporting & Documentation
- Submit program reports following final program date
- Ensure each program/project is documented through photos, video and/or participant testimonials
- Ensure all appropriate releases are signed (photo/video, field trips, etc.)
- Oversee evaluation process with support from Art Starts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education or relevant work experience in community arts programming and administration
- Proof of a current and valid Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent organization, planning, and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to be a team player and also work independently
- A good understanding of Google Workspace
- Availability some evenings and weekends as required
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
One Year Fixed Term Position: Required Immediately
Rate of Pay: $22.00/Hour for 21 Hours/Week
Application Deadline: Ongoing until filled.
HOW TO APPLY
- Email resume and cover letter (in one document) with Subject: Program Coordinator to email@example.com.
- We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Interviews will be conducted virtually. No phone calls please.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.