We are currently looking for a Program Coordinator to join Art Starts. The ideal candidate will have experience as an arts administrator, be self-directed and work well in a team environment.
The Program Coordinator is a member of the Art Starts team who will be responsible for coordinating specific projects within the organization and report directly to the Program Director. The Program Coordinator promotes Art Starts’ organizational culture, works in cooperation with individuals and organizations, and supports our artists and program participants to inspire positive results.
SCOPE OF WORK
● Provides outreach support to all programs
● Oversees the distribution of all program flyers
● Oversees program documentation (photos, Facebook, Instagram)
● Responds to participant inquiries
● Coordinate Art Starts’ communications initiatives for programs, projects and events
● Work with the Executive Director to ensure cohesive communications and branding of Art Starts
● Complies data from reports and prepares quarterly program statistics reports
● Administers program surveys, tallies and reports on data
● Manages supplies and upkeep of the Yorkdale Community Arts Centre studio
● Coordinates the ordering and distribution of program supplies
● Maintains Artist Roster and supports protocol for hiring new artists
● Collects and files all information upon completion of the program
Communication & Facilitation
● Communicate effectively with participants, community residents and other stakeholders to determine program direction, needs and interests
● Communicate Art Starts mandate to program participants
● Suggest project changes and interventions to achieve project goals
● Respond to all stakeholders in a timely, clear and respectful manner
● Attend monthly Programming meetings to report on program activities
● Advise and give support to staff when resolving issues
Reporting, Administration & Documentation
● Submit program reports following final program date
● Ensure each project is documented through photos, video and/or participant testimonials
● Ensure all appropriate releases are signed (photo/video, field trips, etc.)
● Oversee evaluation process with support from Art Starts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● Education or relevant work experience in community arts programming and administration
● Proof of a current and valid Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
● An ideal candidate would have:
○ Excellent organization, planning, and project management skills
○ Strong oral and written communication skills
○ The ability to be a team player and also work independently
○ A good understanding of Google Workspace
● Availability some evenings and weekends as required
● Access to a vehicle is an asset
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Email resume and cover letter (in one document) with Subject: Program Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted virtually. No phone calls please.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email email@example.com with your request.