The Program Assistant is responsible for supporting tasks and duties related to the successful implementation of programs. The Program Assistant reports directly to the Program Coordinator and works in cooperation with the Community Program Manager, artists and program participants.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Responsible for tasks and duties related to the successful implementation of assigned programs using a broad, community-oriented framework as their guide
- Ensure that attendance is taken at each class
- Actively assist the Artist Educator when needed
- Ensure that art materials are appropriately packed when needed
- Ensure that art materials and nourishment are provided for each program
- Assists in special projects when required
- Offer support to participants when needed
- Maintains existing and evolving relationships with the community, local artists, media and community arts organizations
- Alerts the Program Coordinator of any issues that arise during programs
- Provides program outreach support for all programs
- Assists the Program Coordinator when needed (event support, gathering materials etc)
- Participates in project meetings and planning sessions when required
- Assists the Artist Educator with their administrative needs
- Assists with program evaluation
- Consults the Program Coordinator when needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Education or relevant work experience in community arts programming and administration
- Proof of a current and valid Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with diverse communities
- Good organization and planning skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The ability to be a team player and also work independently
- A good understanding of Google Workspace
- Availability evenings and weekends as required
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter (in one document)
with Program Assistant listed in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted virtually.
No phone calls please.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email email@example.com with your request.