The Marketing Assistant will work with our Marketing and Communications Coordinator to raise awareness about Art Starts and its impact on the communities where we work. The candidate will have excellent writing skills, a good understanding of graphic design and web design using WordPress, and a strong grasp of social media marketing and storytelling.
This position is partially funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria established by the funder:
• be between the ages of 15-30 years at the start of employment
• must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and, • have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Due to COVID-19, Art Starts currently adheres to a work from home policy. More information to be provided during the interview stage.
SCOPE OF WORK
• Assist in designing marketing materials for web and print
• Update the website, collecting contacts for media and influencer lists
• Develop social media strategies and methods for evaluation
• Contribute content to our newsletter, blog, and website
• Interview people for feature story content
• Work closely with our Marketing and Communications Coordinator but will be overseen by and regularly interact with our Executive Director and other members of the management team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Some post-secondary education preferred
• Strong design experience is an asset (responsible for developing eye-catching templates for our program flyers)
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter (in one document) with Marketing Assistant listed in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. The recruitment and interview process during the COVID 19 pandemic will be conducted virtually. We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email email@example.com with your request.