This is an exciting part-time opportunity to be part of an award-winning Community Arts organization. We are seeking an inspired and enthusiastic individual with excellent communication skills, a love of detail and a growth mindset. The Fundraising Coordinator reports to the Director of Development to implement fundraising initiatives, produce high quality funder reports, provide support with campaigns, event sponsorship, donor stewardship, grant applications, etc.
In accordance with Art Starts’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all Employees, Contractors and Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 15th, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to commencing employment.
SCOPE OF WORK
● Manages fundraising initiatives such as the online auction, third party events, etc
● Manages Art Starts’ Bingo program including volunteer management and recruitment
● Produces and submits timely reports and proposals to funders
● Coordinates Art Starts’ individual giving initiatives including tracking donors and managing timelines
● Coordinates donor and funder correspondence and recognition
● Maintains and utilizes Sumac database
● Researches new funding prospects
● Provides administrative support to the Director of Development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● Undergraduate degree or diploma
● Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational and time management skills and attention to detail
● Superior writing skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely
● Proven ability to work independently, meet multiple competing deadlines and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
● Knowledge of Sumac or other CRM software a strong asset
● 1-2 years experience in fundraising or the charitable sector an asset
● Passionate about community arts
● Well developed computer skills, with experience in Google Workspace and Excel
● Strong design and layout skills and a keen eye for visuals
● Experience creating and managing budgets
● Marketing and social media experience an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
● Team player with ability to work independently and manage a variety of tasks concurrently
● Dedicated, enthusiastic & responsible with superior organizational skills
● Detail oriented
● Excellent interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter (in one document)
with Fundraising Coordinator listed in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted virtually.
No phone calls please. Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email email@example.com with your request.