We are currently looking for a Community Program Manager to ensure the success of the art and mentorship programs we offer. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a community setting and have lived experience in this capacity. We are looking for a positive role model, someone who has a desire to work with people in the Lawrence Heights, Oakwood and Eglinton and Neptune area.
The Community Program Manager will support a positive and engaging environment for participants while ensuring high artistic merit, impact, organizational effectiveness and accountability. The Community Program Manager promotes Art Starts’ organizational culture, works in cooperation with individuals and organizations and supports our artists and participants to be the best they can be.
In accordance with Art Starts’ COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all Employees, Contractors and Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination series by October 15th, 2021. As a condition of hire, new staff will be required to submit proof of vaccination prior to commencing employment.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Community Program Manager will be responsible for the tasks and duties related to the successful implementation of all Art Starts programs using a broad, community-oriented framework as their guide. The Community Program Manager will report to and receive support from the Program Director.
● Develops, manages, and supports the delivery of all Art Starts’ programs in consultation with the Program Director
● Cultivates program audiences by managing and enhancing program enrolment, participation and attendance with support of the programming team
● Ensures program goals, objectives, budgets and reports are met and delivered
● Identifies evolving opportunities for program, team and community development
● Develops and manages the program annual showcase
● Communicates program deliverables effectively with program stakeholders to assess program needs, interests and direction
● Responds to all stakeholders in a timely, clear and respectful manner
● Advises and supports the programming team for timely issue resolution
● Enhances existing and evolving relationships with the community, local artists and organizations
● Manages and supports the work of the artist educators, community liaisons, program assistants and volunteers in ensuring an inclusive and safe programming environment
● Works closely with the Program Director in hiring, coaching and mentoring the programming team
● Participates in staff meetings, program planning, and strategic planning
● Manages program budgets based on annual budget allotments by tracking actual and projected expenditures
● Administers all aspects of program delivery and evaluation with support from the programming team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
● Education or relevant work experience in community arts programming and administration
● Proof of a current and valid Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
● An ideal candidate would have:
○ Excellent organization, planning, and project management skills
○ Strong oral and written communication skills
○ The ability to be a team player and also work independently
○ A good understanding of Google Workspace
○ Competency in both frontline and behind-the-scenes capacities
○ Experience liaising with various stakeholders
● Availability some evenings and weekends as required
● Access to a vehicle is an asset
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Art Starts creates vibrant Toronto neighbourhoods through community-building arts initiatives. We inspire long-term social change by using the arts to engage residents, collectively work to overcome challenges and create a shared sense of identity. Our collaborative approach to art-making celebrates communities, nurtures resilience, cultivates life skills and inspires personal growth. Established in 1992, Art Starts is recognized as one of Toronto’s leading community arts organizations. The Toronto Arts Foundation recognized Art Starts with its Arts for Youth Award.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and cover letter (in one document) with Community Program Manager listed in the subject line to email@example.com.
We regret that only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.
Interviews will be conducted virtually.
No phone calls please. Art Starts is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. If you require accommodations during the hiring or interview process please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.